San Cancer Support Centre Volunteer awarded OAM
San Cancer Support Centre Volunteer Susan McCullogh has been awarded the medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in the General Division of the 2019 Australia Day Honors List for her Service to Community Health.
Susan who has volunteered at the San Cancer Support Centre in Jacaranda Lodge for many years is a lung cancer survivor dedicated to reducing the stigma of the cancer, increasing research and attracting more funding for its support services.
In her service to the community, Susan also volunteers with the Lung Foundation Australia and NSW Cancer Council, and is a founding member of the Lung Cancer Patient Support Group. Passionate about the cause, Susan is also a member of many advisory panels including:
- Consumer and Advisory Group for the Cancer Institute NSW
- Consumer Advisory Panel Australasian Lung Trials Group
- Consumer Representative for the Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group
- Consumer Advisory Panel for the Translational Cancer Research Network UNSW Lowry Research Centre
- Cancer Australia Lung Cancer Advisory Panel.
Congratulations to Susan on her award.