Latest COVID-19 updates to visitor arrangements and mask wearing policy
As of Wednesday February 17 the visiting arrangements and mask wearing requirements have been relaxed at both Sydney Adventist Hospital and San Day Surgery Hornsby. Current arrangements now are:
- Mask weaing by hospital staff is now optional with the exception of all emergency care staff, staff providing healthcare and needing to be within 1.5 metres of patients and colleagues, and in other settings where 1.5 metre social distancing can't be maintained
- Mask wearing by visitors and patients is optional with the exception of patients presenting to EC and those with acute respiratory illness
- Visitors to areas other than Special Care Nursery and Maternity are now unrestricted in number during a patient stay
- A maximum of two visitors are allowed in a patient room at any time, except when a minor under 12 accompanies their parent/s or guardian/s
- Visitors to maternity patients will be restricted their partner and children, and one other nominated person
- Special Care Nursery visitors remain restricted to a child's parents
- Entry to the Hospital campus for all staff, visitors and patients remains through our health station screening and QR code registration, or manual recording of details if required
Everyone should keep up to date with the changing situation and designated hotspot locations as they are identified and updated by NSW Health.
Please visit our Coronavirus Information page for updates.